Summary of the examination
Application and examination requirements
- Applications may be made on the website of Zöld Út (Green Way) Examination Centre of Szent István University for the languages, levels, modules, and examination sites specified in the terms of the Examination Sessions. You can apply for a written, an oral or a complex exam in English, German or French, in modules such as Business Management, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and Technical Language, at Basic (B1), Intermediate (B2) or Advanced (C1) levels at the pre-announced time.
- Registration is done at https://zoldut.szie.hu. Applicants must also indicate the name of the language teacher who is preparing them for the particular language in order to comply with the conflict of interest rules. In addition to the name of the preparatory teacher and your personal details, you will also need to provide your email address, as billing and contacting will be done via email. (It is advisable to ask for the help of the exam centre or your English teacher as currently the application takes place in a Hungarian form and you have to tick certain statements about data protection in Hungarian)
- The application is only valid if the examinee pays the exam fee by bank transfer on the basis of the invoice sent to the given e-mail address by the due date indicated on the invoice. In the event of a late transfer or incomplete or incorrect completion of the notice, the exam fee will be automatically refunded to the originating bank account number and the application will be invalid.
- Submission of a late application is possible until midnight on the 4th day after the application deadline. The current rate of the additional application fee is available on our website under Current Fees. This application is only valid if the examinee pays the exam fee and the surcharge by bank transfer on the basis of the invoice sent to the given e-mail address by the due date indicated on the invoice.
- After the application deadline, the personal data provided in the application form will be validated in the Database of the Educational Personal Register (OSZNY) at the same time as the electronic registers are opened. The candidate is responsible for the accuracy of the given personal data.
- Applicants with disabilities must indicate their specific request at the time of application, on the application form, and attach the relevant medical certificate / opinion. No special requests may be submitted after the closing date for applications. Adaptation, Learning and Behavioral Disorders is not a disability and is not eligible for submitting a special request.
- The candidate can find out about the time and place of the exams in the Exam Schedule menu 2 weeks before the start of the exam period. The given time and place cannot be changed.
Documents required for the exam
- As a proof of identity a valid identity card, a valid passport or a valid driving license is required.
- The candidate will be given a personal identification number at the time of application, which will ensure the confidentiality of the examination materials. This number is included on the official identification sheet printed by the candidate and must be provided throughout the exam (written and oral exam, and listening comprehension). You can print the ID sheet after you have sent the application form, or you can print it later in the Identification Sheet menu.
- You will not be able to take the exam if you do not have the ID card and / or the printed ID.
The written exam
(1)The written exam will be held at all exam sites on the same date specified by the Examination Centre.
(2) In the written exam, the candidates sit in the order determined by the Examination Centre and the examination sites.
(3) A monolingual printed dictionary may be used in the written exam.
(4) Each written part of the exam must be written with a pen. Answers and texts written in pencil are not required to be corrected by examiners.
(5) For writing a draft, the Exam Centre provides space on the written assignment sheet. You cannot use a separate sheet or a crossed-out sheet on a task sheet. The examiners are not obliged to correct the draft, only the parts that have been transferred to the answer sheet.
(6) For each written part of the exam, the candidate must write his or her answers and the texts he or she has written in legible handwriting. Illegible handwriting is not required to be corrected by the examiners.
(7) For each written part of the exam, the candidate may modify his or her answers in a clear manner by crossing it out. The parenthesis is not a modification, it is an explanatory addition according to the spelling rules.
(8) Devices that interfere with the examination and endanger the security of the examination (e.g. mobile phone, smart watch) must not be carried by the candidate.
The oral exam
- The listening comprehension test will be held at all examination sites at the same time, on the same date as specified by the Examination Centre.
- The listening comprehension test is held in a room equipped with loudspeakers or in a language laboratory equipped with headphones.
- The oral exam may be taken on any day during the exam period, except for the day of the written exam and Sundays and public holidays. An official engagement during this period (e.g. state exam, trial) can be announced in writing by submitting an appropriate certificate, which is taken into account in the candidate’s date of exam as far as possible. No request for change of date may be submitted after the deadline.
- During the oral examination, the examination board of the basic and intermediate level consists of two examiners, one of whom is asking a candidate at a time. At the advanced level exam the examination board consists of three examiners, one of whom is asking the candidate. Visitors attending the exam and / or conducting professional supervision may also be present. If the candidate does not consent to the recording of the oral test at the time of the application, he / she will be examined in both basic and intermediate examination by a 3-member examination board.
- In the case of an advanced exam, a foreign language summary of 3 presentation topics must be sent by email to the Examination Centre 3 weeks before the first day of the exam period. If presentation outlines are not received by the deadline, a late fee will be payable. A delay is accepted up to 1 week. The proof of transfer should be sent by email to email@example.com (account holder: Szent István University, account number: 10032000-00282826-00000000 MÁK, notice: "candidate name", "late fee", "80S040201 Zöld Út ") The current rate for late fees can be found on our website under Current Fees.
(6) The conflict of interest is considered throughout the language exams, so any instructor who has taught / trained or is related to the candidate within the year prior to the exam is not allowed to participate in the candidate’s examination.
(7) A recording of the oral examination shall be made at each examination site with the prior consent of the candidate. The candidate may modify his / her statement in this regard by the deadline for the application, in case of an additional application. After that, the statement cannot be modified for reasons of exam organization and exam security.
(8) Devices that interfere with the examination and endanger the security of the examination (e.g. a mobile phone, a smart watch) must not be carried by the candidate.
Violation of examination rules
- In the event of any violation of examination rules at the exam, (e.g cheating) the examinee will be immediately excluded from the exam, and any partial results obtained so far will be cancelled and a record will be made of the case. There is no appeal against the decision.
- The examinee may not commence the examination if he / she attends the exam in a state of being unfit for examination (e.g. under the influence of alcohol or other psychoactive substances) and / or exhibits behavior that may endanger the security of the examination and interfere with the examination.
Publication of exam results
- The examinee can find out about the results of the language exam 21 days after the first day of the exam period (on Friday) under the Exam result menu. Results are not reported by the Exam Centre by phone.
- An unofficial prior certificate of a successful examination may be requested from the exam centre. A fee shall be paid for the issue of such a certificate. The proof of transfer should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (account holder: Szent István University, account number: 10032000-00282826-00000000 MÁK, notice: "candidate name", "certification fee", "80S040201 Zöld Út ") The current rate of the certification fee can be found on our website under Current Fees.
- You will be able to review all your written assignments and assessment guidelines, as well as review your oral performance, listen to the audio recording of your oral exam, and take notes about your own answers, but not of the tasks themselves. Review at the Examination Center takes place in person, on a specific day (s), subject to prior registration. At other times, or without logging in, you will not be able to view your exam paper and listen to the recording. The detailed rules of the review, its course under the Review menu, the time(s) can be found in the current news. Only the candidate himself /herself can view the exam paper or listen to the audio recording, except in the case of a minor candidate where parents / guardians may be present. It is not possible to view papers or listen to the audio recordings from previous exam periods.
(1)If the circumstances of the exam (written, oral or listening) are not considered satisfactory by the candidate, on the day of the exam, an objection shall be made on the spot and recorded immediately after the exam by the examiners / invigilators. Failing this, no further appeal shall be possible.
(2)In the event of a breach of law or calculation error in the result, a review may be requested by email or post within 15 days of the date of publication of the result, in both cases exclusively on the downloadable form. In the case of an appeal sent by post, the date of posting shall count as the first day. Applications must be submitted electronically as an attachment and scanned to email@example.com by midnight on the 15th day at the latest. The request for review shall specify the circumstance or legislation complained of, and, in the event of a calculation error, the specific error.
(3) Revision (reassessment) of each task may be requested within 15 days of the publication of the result. The appeal must be sent by e-mail or post, in both cases exclusively on the downloadable form. In the case of a request sent by post, the date of posting shall count. Applications must be submitted electronically as an attachment and scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the 15th day at the latest. The application must be accompanied by a proof of payment of the review fee (account holder: Szent István University, account number: 10032000-00282826-00000000 MÁK, notice: "candidate name", "revision fee", "80S040201 Zöld Út"). The current rates for review fees can be found on our website under Current Fees.
(4) The reassessment cannot take into account circumstances related to the candidate’s social or financial difficulties, it must judge purely the merits of the exam papers.
(5) A reassessment of the oral test may only be requested if the candidate agrees, at the time of application, to record the oral test. Failing this, you will waive this right with your application.
(6) Within 15 days of the date of notification on the decision on the application for review, the candidate may appeal against the decision to the Education Office, only in the case of alleging a breach of law or miscalculation of the results. The complaint will be dealt with by the Education Office.
Cancellation of an exam
(1)You can cancel your exam by midnight on the day before the first day of the exam period. Cancellations are sent by email to email@example.com with the subject 'Cancellation of Exam'. The email must include the candidate's bank account number and the number of the paid account. The Exam Centre will reimburse 50% of the fee paid for the exam, which will take about 30 days to complete.
(1) An examination certificate may only be issued for successful completion of a written, oral or complex examination within the same examination period. The certificate can be obtained at the Examination Center / Examination Sites 60 days after the date of the exam.